Opened in 2003, the DCRC provides over 1,800 members of all ages with fun and fitness. Open 16 hours daily, there is convenient use of a cushioned walking track, basketball/volleyball courts, exercise room and more. Membership costs are kept low with a volunteer staff at this non-profit facility.
This non-profit facility was the vision of those who wanted a place readily available for fun and fitness. Years of private donations were used to realize this dream. Many donations of monies, materials, equipment and time resulted in this offering to those who live and work in Delaware County. Now, youth and adults of all ages and abilities have a place to recreate year-round in a healthy environment, with the most needy given special discounted membership.
The center's continuance is dependent solely upon its reasonable fees and the gifts of its friends. Cost is kept low due to generous donations of time and money. Currently more than a dozen people volunteer on a regular basis to serve at the center's desk.
Our facilities include:
- Gymnasium- 2 basketball courts, volley ball can be set up on both courts, soccer, dancing and other activities are sometimes held.
- Weight Room- Free-weights and weight machines.
- Cardio Room- Stationary bikes, spin bikes, elliptical, treadmills, stair-steppers, rowing machines. Equipment for aerobic and anaerobic workouts.
- Locker Rooms- Handicapped accessible with toilets and showers.
- Multipurpose Room- Special flooring and mirrors for dancing, Tai-Chi, aerobics and other activities.
- Social Room- The uses are many, with a refrigerator, microwave, cupboards, sink, tables and chairs in the large room. Can be used for meetings or social gatherings. Available for rental.
- Elevated Walking Track- This track has a special surface that is "kind to joints." Thirteen times around the track equals one mile. This upper floor area overlooks the gym, allowing spectators to watch special events. The inside portion of the track is sometimes used for dancing, Taekwondo and other activities. Children are allowed when accompanied by a parent.
- Lobby- Furnished with comfortable seating, reading material and a large screen TV for visitors and families waiting for those who are using the facility. A carpetball table is available for member usage.
- Pickleball Room - A paddle sport created for all ages and skill levels. The rules are simple and the game is easy for beginners to learn, but can develop into a quick, fast-paced, competitive game for experienced play. Available for rental. Ping pong table is available for use by members.
- Batting cage and pitching cage. Available for rental
- We are constantly looking for ways to improve the facility. Donations of tax deductible monies or time are welcomed!